- The first thing you have to do is to Login to your Gmail account.
- Now you will be in your Inbox page. On the top of the page you can see many links on the left as well as right. On the right corner you will see “Settings” link. Click on this link.
- A new page will appear with your Google Settings. Click “Accounts” in the Settings menu bar.
- A new page will appear with all your Google products. Here you can see a section called “My Products”. These are the services used by your Gmail account.
- Click the “Edit” link next to ‘My Products’. A new window will appear with the confirmation message.
- In this page you have to fill in your new email id with which you have to access your Google services. Note that you have to provide email id of services other than Gmail.
- In the next column you have to provide the current password of your Gmail account.
- Click “Delete Gmail Service”.
- A confirmation mail will be sent to the new email address you have provided. Follow the instructions in the mail.
That’s it. You are done. Now you have deleted your Gmail account. To access any Google service you can use the new email you have provided during the ‘Delete processes’.
You don’t have to delete your Gmail account to change your Username or password. You can do it in various other steps. I will try to give it in some other posts. Look for it.
Please feel free to comment on this topic. You can even criticize about this post. All your suggestions are accepted with extreme happiness.