- Run your WINRAR software.
- Click the “Add” button.
- A new window naming “Archive name and parameters” will appear.
- Click the “General” tab.
- Click the “Browse” button.
- Select the .rar file you want to uncompress.
- Click “OK” after selecting the file.
- Click “Extract To” button on the main menu.
- A new window naming “Extraction path and options” will open up. Select the destination folder and click “OK”
You are done. Uncompressed files will be placed on the destination folder. Now the files in the .rar files can be used. Remember that WINRAR is licensed software.
The simplest way to extract a .rar file is.
- Right click the file you want to extract.
- Click “Extract here” or “Extract to ‘name of the file’” from the right menu.
Your files will be uncompressed in the folder where the .rar file is situated.