Monday, April 19, 2010

How to start a Blog

Blog generally means Weblog. A blog is used by people to share their reviews and suggestions on particular topics. When my friends get to know that I started a blog they all asked me how to start a blog. I found this question very awkward. It is very easy to setup a blog. But when I thought deeply, I found that this question can bring lot traffic to my blog. Many don’t know how to start a blog. I will help you to solve this problem.
  • There are several options available for starting a blog. I use Blogger because I don’t want to spend my money in just something to spend my time. There are other options like Typepad and Wordpress. If you wish to start a professional blog spent some money to start a blog. Blogger and Wordpress are free to join.
  • I recommend you to register your own domain. This will increase your chances in getting noted by people around the world. Normally, people have a feeling that a free blog is not good. So go for your own domain. It will only take some few dollars. Select a domain name that suits your blog topics. Make it small so that the people remember your domain name.
  • After selecting a domain name choose a good template for your blog. Your theme should be simple and meaningful. Meaningful means that it should convey a message to your readers about your blog and its contents. If you are starting a photo blog you can give some snapshot in your templates.
  • After selecting a template you have to start up posting contents. To this you need to find an interesting topic. I have already posted different articles on writing blog posts, creating good contents and many tips for writing posts. You can refer these posts if you want. Write about the interests in you and not what you think you readers want.
  • After posting articles you need readers for your blog. Bring in more traffic by commenting on other blogs and linking some blogs. If you link a blog they will also try to do back. This is good for getting good page ranks and back links. Join blog directories and get noted by other bloggers. Increase the chances of getting links to your site.
  • Ask people to comment on your blog. Comments will also increase your blog status and will satisfy many people. At least they will have a feeling that the post is read by many. And moreover ask them to subscribe to your blog.

If you have done all these steps correctly you are done with a blog and can get enough traffic. There are many other topics you may want to read about blogging and blogging ideas. You can find it under the label Blogging. Look for it.

Please feel free to comment on this topic. You can even criticize about this post. All your suggestions are accepted with extreme happiness.

No comments: