Monday, September 13, 2010

Squidoo Lens A Good Link Building Strategy

Today I published my first lens on Squidoo. When I published the lens I thought it would be a complete waste of time. But I was wrong. It provided me a Backlink to my blog. Not one link to my blog. I have included four or five links to my blog posts. That means I currently have four Backlinks from Squidoo and moreover if the post could generate some traffic I would be earning money.

Why have I made a Lens on Squidoo?

The answer is simple. My blog had only few links less than hundred or so by Yahoo. I know it is very poor work from me. I have posted earlier about Backlinks and its importance. At that time I had more links. I never knew that these links would disappear if we won’t look after it.

I lost many Backlinks and this mad me to go for article submission. If said truly, this is my first link building strategy. I have e-mailed some of my friends for links but what if they don’t give me. So, I decided to take it by myself.

Why I choose Squidoo?

This is a good question. There are hundreds or more article submission directories out there. Then, what prompted me to go for Squidoo. The difference between Squidoo and other networks is that the articles submitted by us acts as a webpage and will be shown to the public when we want it to be live. Other networks, like EzineArticles and ArticlesBase take up to 48 hours or more to publish an article. Why should we waste that much time for no profits?

And telling about profit, Squidoo will give me some money if the lens developed by me gets some revenue from ads. It’s quite interesting. Isn’t it?

Why did I, now, go for link building?

My blog now contains nearly 125 posts and received traffic only in the range of hundreds after seven month. This made me think about link building. Now this blog contains enough information so that even if I don’t post for two days I could get some good traffic. But as long as it is not happening I have to resolve some blogging techniques I used.

Only now I got to understand that links from any site could bring a change to your blog. Whether it is well established or from a new one. Every single link counts.

How could these links bring traffic?

Whenever I write a lens on Squidoo, I place links to some of my articles. Remember, Squidoo pages have good Pagerank from Google. So whenever a person searches about a topic I have made a lens upon, the Squidoo page will be there in top position in search result. So the chance of getting viewers to my lens is high.

If one reads my lens and wants to know more, he may use the links of my blog to find more about the topic. So I will get one visitor to my site. This is how it works. This had worked pretty well for many and I am sure it is going to work for me as well.

Here is the link to my first lens. Comment on it. Create a Blog For Internet Marketing

No comments: